Haidilao has been the trusted brand for hotpot bases in China. Taste and enjoy the superior quality of Haidilao sauces!
For the Chicken Marinade:
200 grams chopped chicken thighs
Salt (to taste)
4 tablespoons Chinese Cooking Wine (Shaoxing Wine or Rice Wine)
1 teaspoon Black Pepper Powder
2 tablespoons Light Soy Sauce
1 Egg White
1 teaspoon Cornstarch
For Cooking Proper:
1 x 80 gram packet of Haidilao Kung Pao Chicken Sauce Mix
200 grams Marinated Chicken Thigh
50 grams diced Carrots
50 grams diced Cucumber
50 grams diced Garlic
1 teaspoon Dried Chilis
1 teaspoon Szechuan Powder (optional)
50 grams peanuts
Instructions for use:
1. Combine all the wet marinade ingredients with the chicken and mix until combined. Add the dry marinade ingredients and evenly coat the chicken.
2. Add oil to a medium pan for frying. Add in the marinated chicken and fry for about 8 minutes or until chicken meat turns white. Remove chicken from the pan and set aside.
3. Add 30 grams of oil to a pan and sautee diced garlic until fragrant. Add in the dried peppers and szechuan powder, then add the cucumber and carrots until slightly softened.
4. Add back the cooked chicken and add the Hai Di Lao Kung Pao Chicken Sauce. Simmer for 2-3 minutes.
5. To thicken the sauce, create a slurry with 1 teaspoon cornstarch in 1-2 teaspoons water. Add this into the sauce. You may add more slurry in this ratio until you achieve your desired consistency.
6. Finish off by topping with the peanuts and serve.
- Country of Origin: China
- Shelf Life: 12 months